Monday, October 27, 2014


Journeys

Through my whole life I've had my mom , dad, and three brothers. Two younger and one older. We have been through what some would think as unlikely, others will think, "well my life was some of the same as his." But the question is what have you done with what you experienced in life.
My brothers and I were in and out of Foster Care. My mom was an alcoholic, dad was abusive, and most of the time working on the road...
My father has been in prison as well. My brothers and I were in four different Foster Cares that I can remember. In the fourth grade we were in Foster care in a place where we are supposed to feel safe. I was sexually assaulted by my so-called seventeen-year-old "foster brother". My older brother, only in the seventh grade at the time, tried stopping it from happening. We tried reporting it and no one believed us.
At the age of eleven or twelve my mom quit drinking but by that time I had already quit caring. I already started drinking and getting high. I got put on probation at the age of twelve for vandalism of a historical monument. Thought that didn't stop me from any drug use. It actually got worse. The first time I tried hallucinogens was a the age of fourteen as well as pills. You can say that I picked up some bad habits. I also got arrested at fourteen for marijuana. I sat in J.D.C. got out and then ran away from home. Lived with a couple of college guys and my drug use gradually got worse.
At fifteen I dropped out of High School. My P.O. said that I was worthless and would end up in prison someday. Man she was right. I was very suicidal and depressed all through my teenage years. In other words a coward. I tried killing myself by overdosing, hanging myself and crashing my truck at eight miles per hour. Yet I am still alive. (Thank you God!) All because the Lord has a different plan for me. I didn't see it though.
At sixteen I got arrested and went through three different drug rehabs. Then I came to prison in February of 2009. Lost my mandatory parole and then had a change on C.T.P. in 2010. I came right back with a new felony all due to my drug use. It caused me to do what I did but in the long run I choose to use drugs in he first place.
I haven't been out of prison since. It's been four years. My own fault....I passed my initial parole two years ago because while I was in M.D.S.P. I was doing drugs and fighting constantly. I presented myself as a Christian when I was doing these things. Now I've been on the Hill for a little over two years. I have made a complete change. I've walked away from every fight that has come my way. I have  realized that it;s not worth it.
Through my family and I have been through Hell we are as close as ever. My mom and m dad have been married for twenty-four years now. I have two nephews and nieces. They all come to see me as soon as possible. I'd do absolutely anything for my family. I wouldn' t have made the changes that I have if I didn't have them.
My point is with all this that I've gone through is that I've realized I don't need to prove anything to anybody. And all that I've gone through made me a better person. God has shown me (guided) to pull a positive out of a negative. I can do that. That is why I am a S.T.A.R.T. member. 
My life may not be very different from others. Ive lived a very challenging life though it has made me who I am today; A very strong individual, respectful, kind, a man of values, and a man of character. I thank God for my life story, my journey  that made me a M.A.D. man.

Written By: Chris Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment